- Posted 22 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameShane Mulcahy
Orion Group Life Sciences are currently recruiting a Data Analyst on behalf of our Multinational Biopharmaceutical client based in Dublin on a 11-month contract.
Job Title: Data Analyst
The Data Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the group genotyping operations through timely and accurate completion of assigned data analysis projects.
- Clean, transform or model data using appropriate software for analysis and report generation.
- Carry out livestock breed, traceability, parentage and other relationship analysis testing using molecular genotyping data.
- Perform meat DNA traceability using bespoke DNA traceback system.
- Interpret data and analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in the datasets.
- Follow standard operating procedures, to perform quality control review of the data.
- Help form part of the design and implementation of new programs and processes across the business as required.
- Leverage prior analysis and programming experience to locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in code review and program testing for existing and new processes.
- Communicate progress and non-conformities to line management.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhance laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the role.
- Perform other technical duties appropriate to the role as assigned by the Division Head.
- Report any Health and Safety issues.
- Adhere to ISO 17025 requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Technically focused with strong analytical and quantitative aptitude.
- Experience in molecular biology.
- Knowledge of statistics and technical expertise in data analysis methodologies.
- Detailed functional knowledge and expertise of data collection methods, data analysis, data integrity, and report preparation.
- Demonstrated knowledge in MS Excel and R / Python programming.
- Experience with dashboard report building (Power BI / Tableau) an advantage.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to compare data outcomes for concordance and perform quality assurance.
- Familiar with working in a quality assured environment.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Familiarity with ISO quality systems.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Qualifications & Education:
- Masters Degree in Biological/Computer science or Engineering.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.