- Posted 29 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameFinlay Asher
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date, the company has constructed over 120 grid-scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage, are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change, there has never been a better or more exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net-zero.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage cost data associated with EPC activities including but not limited to the controlling of budgets, commitments, forecasting, reporting and analysis and early identification of risk and opportunities
- Work with Planning team to reflect latest schedule outputs and incorporate into cost reports and forecasts
- Analyse project data to understand variances from plan and impact of actual performance on total installed costs
- Support relevant Teams/ Squads and the Project Controls/ Commercial Discipline Leads in effective cost management of the scope including monthly reviews of budget, changes, review and analysis of contractors data and other allocations to the EPC/ Commercial structure
- Provide cost input to the project Management of Change procedure; incorporate output into cost reports, and risk and opportunities register
- Provide cost input to the risk management plan
- Support the EPC Team and provide input to key business processes
- Ensure all invoice-supporting documentation is readily available for auditing by partners to facilitate cost recovery
- Ensure correct coding of all requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, invoices, estimates, and develop and maintain all required cost logs and registers
- Work with procurement to verify and ensure compliance of contractor and supplier valuations invoices for payments
- Reconcile costs at project completion or when require
- Assist in the continued development and refinement of cost estimates utilising existing data
Skills & Competencies:
- Experience working in a multi-project environment with strong technical and commercial skills
- Work as part of a team of engineering and commercial professional with the ability to adapt to project dynamics
- Advanced influencing and communication & customer facing skills
- Experience working with contractor organizations
- High level of self-motivation
- Experience performing effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment
- Previous Solar, PV, PVV is desirable, with associated transferrable sector skills
- At least +5 years of demonstrable Cost experience
Qualifications & Experience:
- HND/ Degree in Engineering/ Science/ Economics
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.