- Posted 02 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Cost Controller, based in Aberdeen.
* Set up, revise, optimise and manage (integrated) cost & change control structures and procedures.
* Ensure implementation of control baseline. Record cost, monitor cost development and fore-cast cost to go. Present monthly cost overview and developments.
* Analyse, advise and escalate on areas of concern regarding scope, cost over-run or under spends and propose corrective actions.
* Build relationships and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, providing input on asset business plans, client audits and resolving issues.
* Ensure that lessons learned are integrated in daily practice and are formulated in recommendations for improvements.
* Ensure complete and up-to-date project cost/(revenue) administration including accruals and corrections.
* Management and control of Variation Orders.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent gained through relevant vocational and/or industry experience.
* Cost control experience, preferable within the oil and gas/energy sector.
* Background CE working for medium sized operators/service providers and/or subsea contractors.
* Ability to develop and prepare cost budgets, variation orders, reports and change estimates.
* Interest in data management and data analysis.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063172.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.