- Posted 23 June 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our Oil & Gas client is seeking an experienced Oil & Gas Cost Controller for an initial period of 6 months.
* Establish AFE structures, cost & cash forecasts and budgets.
* Establish and maintain project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in SAP. Coordinate the WBS and object breakdown structure with project Cost Estimator and Planning Engineer.
* Assist in developing cost control strategy and reporting.
* Work in close cooperation with Contractors to establish routines and reporting that meets the obligations set forth in the contract and Company control procedures.
* Control Contractor's invoices in SAP and ensure prompt preparation for payment.
* Prepare and follow up annual budgets, forecasts and overall project costs.
* Evaluate and control cost impact of any changes or variations.
* Key player in supporting implementation of the Electronic Project Management System (EPMS).
* Promote and ensure use of the Project Management processes in the project.
* Work closely with Project Planner to ensure cost and schedule align.
* Assist estimator in CCF process to ensure preparation of accurate estimates
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (BSc) or equivalent.
* Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience
* Experience with project control in the oil and gas industry, including experience as a Cost Controller for projects.
* Good knowledge of accounting principles and application i.e. ability to ensure these are complied with in the project.
* Good knowledge of electronic tools used for cost control i.e. SAP, BW, excel etc
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054879.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.