Temporary 4-6 months, possibly long term/permanent
Site based Glasgow
Our client has a current opportunity for an experienced Cost Controller on a 6-month contract basis in Glasgow.
You will be accountable to the Finance Business Partner- Energy (remote)
Day to Day stakeholders (on-site): Site management and staff involved in cost requisitioning, ordering, procurement, operations/ logistics and finance.
Our client requires a dedicated financial professional prepared to 'deep dive' to improve the purchase requisitioning, PO process, strengthen the coding of procurement categories/costs, coordinate the cost approvals process so that there is a tighter process to enable effective cost variance analysis (Actual v Budget) and enable robust monthly forecasts to be produced. To gain a detailed understanding and improved financial cost control over the site operations driving long-term process improvements.
Key skills and experience essential:
- Best practice purchase requisitioning PR and PO processes understanding
- Cost coding monitoring and review to enable effective cost variance analysis (Actual v Budget) and enable robust monthly forecasts to be produced
- Create and maintain effective collaborative relationships across site teams
- Interface with Budget owners to manage strict cost control with process improvement
- Financial cost control experience, driving long-term process improvements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership to identify improvements in order to drive change
- Good data analytical skills to improve insights from financial results
- Demonstrable role with relevant financial experience within an operational cost or projects environment
- IT literate across the MS Suite, proficient in Microsoft Excel (including advanced pivots/lookups etc)
- Excellent analytical skills, and an ability to work with detail and high accuracy
- Strong planning and organising skills, to meet strict deadlines for reporting
Energy business financial experience would be an advantage working in a 24/7 environment
- Part qualified or studying towards a professional accounting qualification
- Qualified by experience will also be considered dependent on the candidate industry knowledge
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.