Our client is seeking a dedicated and skilled Cost Controller to join their Qatar office on a staff basis.
As a Cost Controller, you will play a crucial role in providing specialist support by preparing and reporting project cost budgets, tracking project expenditure, and ensuring robust control of projects throughout their lifecycle.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for specific scopes.
- Contribute to the development of project budgets in accordance with the Basis of Estimate, including statements of work scope, assumptions, man-hour estimates, narratives, and review of client documents.
- Collaborate with procurement, finance, time-capture functions, and third parties to ensure accurate and timely capture of procurement, materials, subcontract, and labor manhour costs, allocating costs based on approved project WBS.
- Liaise with engineering, procurement, construction functions, and other stakeholders to maintain awareness of project activities and their impact on the project budget, schedule, and cost forecast.
- Support the project work approval process by ensuring accurate cost code allocation and initial budget setup and approvals.
- Utilize appropriate software applications to develop and maintain project cost budgets.
- Monitor cost commitments and expenditures throughout all project phases.
- Provide input to project cost performance reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of updates to project cost forecasts.
- Monitor and report on the cost impact of project manpower forecasts.
- Assist in the development of project change orders/variations based on engineering and construction change notifications.
- Facilitate communication of cost and schedule impact resulting from change notifications.
- Monitor overall project cost performance and contingency drawdown.
- Attend project meetings as required.
- Participate in the project cost close-out process.
- Attend cost and estimate risk analysis sessions as necessary.
- Contribute to Project Controls Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent through relevant vocational training and/or industry experience) in a relevant technical or business discipline (ISCED level 6).
- Proficient in general computer skills.
- Basic understanding of project management principles and techniques.
Joining our Client as a Cost Controller offers you the opportunity to work with a global leader in engineering and consulting services. We provide a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters professional growth and development. If you are looking for a challenging role where you can make a difference, apply now to become part of our dynamic team.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.