- Posted 26 April 2023
- Salary £50 - £60 per hour + umbrella rate
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We have opportunities for several Cost controllers on a contract basis. The position will be based in Surrey.
This client is in the oil and gas sector.
Great opportunity to work for a big company in oil and gas even if you have very limited prior (on none) oil and gas experience.
- Minimum 5 years' project cost control experience.
- Sound knowledge, proven skills and competencies in application of project cost control principles, methodologies and tools, supporting all phases of project execution, especially around Project Cost Control, Forecasting and Reporting,
- Must be able to deliver accurate cost information, reporting and guidance to management.
Previous SAP and Ecosys experience strongly desired
Responsible for supporting, guiding and advising the Project Execution and Engineering Teams, and specifically Projects, Engineering, Construction and Commissioning on maintaining cost / forecasting / financial control for the project. Specifically, the Cost Control Team to:
- Attend project kick-off/ commercial kick-off and monthly project team reviews
- Approve all major bid tabs to review currency impacts and correct cost allocation
- Monitor spend to ensure accurate cost reporting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly spend analysis
- Develop forecast trend analysis for site costs
- Maintain detailed change management records
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.