- Posted 25 April 2022
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Controls & Instrumentation Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Fulfils the role of Contract Demand manager for assigned areas, focussing on driving vendor performance through the development and implementation of Key Performance Indicators.
* Address "replacement in kind" System and Field instrument obsolescence as per company MOC procedure
* Utilises independent database to evaluate future obsolescence risks and prepare strategies to address
* Responsible for delivering technical support for Field Instrumentation, ICSS, Telecoms and F&G. Applies professional knowledge to problems and provides guidance to offshore operations.
* Discipline engineer responsible for delivering technical support for Small Bore Tubing (SBT) in accordance with the company SBT Standard
* Acting as a C&I focal point to identify, prioritise, plan and execute all reliability improvement scopes both from a maintenance management (i.e. strategic) and a technical (i.e. EMOC initiation) stand point - and ensuring cross functional delivery of improvements to agreed timebound plans.
* Improves Asset Equipment Availability and Reliability using current RCM techniques within the C&I discipline & acts as Subject Matter Expert during RCA.
* Technical owner of Business critical equipment maintenance strategies relating to function
* Works collaboratively and demonstrates willingness and ability to engage with others to achieve key results.
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a flexible team environment.
* Accountable for identifying budget requirements for areas of responsibility and manages execution of those scopes within approved budgets.
* Proficient in SAP CMMS for managing work and reviewing maintenance plans
* Manages key vendors to produce results through effective supervision, planning and allocation of work.
* Undertakes the role of Job Responsible Engineer (JRE) in accordance with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviours in line with company's values at all times.
* Undertakes offshore visits to ensure the delivery of key scopes and provide support to the assets.
* Responsible for the identification and implementation of risk mitigations for deferred workscopes
* Consistently applies sound engineering principles and performs work in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
* Review and evaluate recommendations and actions proposed by others. Instruct, guide and train lesser experienced professionals in development of innovative options.
* Maintains frequent communications with the technical authorities on areas of concern to leverage all company knowledge to achieve the company key results
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or Applied Science.
* Functional Safety Engineer Certification preferred but not essential
* Have experience in use of standards (e.g. IEC61511, IEC62443 and BS EN60079); instrument and general engineering specifications & datasheets; design calculation, e.g. I.S. calculations; control systems design requirements; understanding of engineering diagrams, e.g. P&ID's, loop diagrams, pneumatics hook ups, termination drawings.
* Significant technical knowledge with Field Instrumentation, ICSS, Telecoms and F&G within the oil and gas industry environment.
* Relevant Systems Engineering experience and broad practical field instrument experience.
* Significant experience in using a CMMS (preferably SAP)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054240.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.