- Posted 08 September 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contracts Specialists, based in Aberdeen.
* Engagement with company's business to determine the level of PSCM support required to execute new, or amend existing, contracts for goods and services, Management of a portfolio of contracts and engagement with relevant contract sponsors.
* Preparation of contracting strategy documents, i.e., tendering, single or sole source, procurement, as required.
* Preparation of Invitation to Tender (ITT) or Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents.
* Preparation of tender evaluation documents as appropriate to the defined scope of work requirement covering HSSE, Technical and Commercial aspects; Management of the ITT process from start to finish as the designated Tender Co-ordinator; Preparation and execution of all relevant Contract Approval Documentation
(CAD), Recommendation for Award (RFA) and Contract Amendment documents.
Liaise with Legal, Insurance, Tax/Treasury and Finance as required to address contractual and tendering qualifications/issues:
* Updating company's contracts folders and Maximo database as required to ensure up-to-date information is held and full transparency of contracts management is being maintained.
* Liaise with Asset Partners when needed to ensure necessary approvals are being dealt with in accordance with our Asset Joint Operating Agreements (JOA).
* Provide contractual and commercial advice to company's Management, business and contracts sponsors as required.
* Attendance at contractual/performance review meetings as required and chairing and taking minutes etc. as needed.
* Participate in contract management/performance reviews of key contracts
* Preparation of monthly contracts reporting and tender plan lookaheads
* Participation in contract audit reviews.
* Liaise with Oil & Gas UK, Oil & Gas Authority (OGA) and First Point Assessment Limited (FPAL) as required.
* Raising POs in Maximo as required.
* Facilitate resolution of invoice queries from Finance/Accounts Payable/Contractors.
* Participate as directed by PSCM Manager in continuous improvement initiatives within the PSCM function as well as the wider business.
* Deputise for PSCM Manager as and when requested and cover for contracts colleagues during periods of leave of absence.
* Familiarise with the company's Policies, including the policies on HSE, Risk Management and Major Hazards.
* Familiarise with the One company Management System and its meaning for day-to-day work.
* Familiarise with the work and be aware of all associated risks for People, the Environment, Assets and Reputation (PEAR).
* Report any incident, near miss, hazards (unsafe acts/situations) and improvement suggestions.
* Know their roles and responsibilities.
* Actively participate in any job or HSEQ training or instruction by or on behalf of the company.
* Use all provided means as intended and according to their purpose.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Extensive oil and Gas SCM experience gained in Upstream operating and project execution environments and/ or with Tier 1 Contractor
* Degree qualification desirable, CIPS qualification preferred
* Broad knowledge of contract to close process in operating and/ or project execution
* Broad knowledge of oil and gas supply chain and demonstrable knowledge of the appropriate use of Logic Forms of Contract.
* Experience of managing a portfolio of contracts to support operating business.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062112.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.