- Posted 08 May 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contracts Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
The Contract Specialist shall satisfactorily protect the contractual and commercial interest of the company in respect of the project in all of its activities and transactions, ensuring that all company policies and procedures are adhered to. Also needs to pursue and maximize the commercial opportunities as well as issue project reports accurately that shall reflect the current commercial status of the project and the likely outcome at completion.
General: Project tasks by the contracts resource will be performed as part of a project team, in close cooperation with all other project functions and with the Legal GBU Subsea Projects function. Tasks may vary depending on the scope and complexity of each project. Ensure that all aspects of the contract during the execution phase are addressed with the objective of contributing to maximize project revenues.
* Act as a key integral member of the project team and participate in commercial strategic discussions and decisions to ensure that contracts risks are identified, properly evaluated and mitigated.
* Provide the project (including team work onshore and offshore) with accurate summaries of contract related matters including contract synopsis, contract review, contract obligations matrix and guidance on contract requirements.
* Advise the project manager/director on aspects of Project execution which deviate from contract requirement.
* Responsible for preparation/review of all relevant contractual correspondence exchanged during project execution to and from the Client, partners, subcontractors and authorities.
* Ensure regular reporting as required, including review of client reporting.
* Manage and maintain accurate records of all project contractual documentation within Contracts Workspace System.
* Monitor all project deliverables as well as identify risks and opportunities.
* Assumes overall responsibility for all contractual and commercial issues related to management of change, including ensuring claims are issued within the timeframes set out in the Contract receiving all required internal approvals: prepare, interfacing with involved functions, and negotiate any claims against client, joint-venture partners and subcontractors.
* Coordinate the necessity of additional insurances in conjunction with other functions within Legal and with Insurance where applicable. Ensure that the required insurance coverage is timely put in place and that required insurance certificates are provided/obtained from vendors, subcontractors and joint-venture partners.
* Prepare, pursue and lead the process on all claims (excluding litigation) related to the project, including Construction All Risk (CAR) insurance claims. Prepare and review proposals to instigate formal dispute resolution.
* Assist the project manager/director whenever a loss and/or damage falling under an insurance program occurs. Subsequently follow up the evolution of the loss, providing support for the orderly build-up of the documentary evidence to be used to substantiate the insurance claim and attending the negotiations with the loss adjuster in conjunction with the relevant Insurance Function.
* Assist Subsea Global Sourcing & Procurement (GSP) to address contract, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to subcontractors or major suppliers, with a particular focus to ensure flow down of Client contract terms to subcontractors and provide assistance on subcontract/PO negotiation and approval of any deviations. Manage claims/disputes with suppliers.
* Issue client notices.
* Preparation and management of inter-company orders.
* Manages completions/handover/milestones/payment certificates in accordance with the contract.
* Interface with Cost Control to establish and maintain accurate financial forecasting.
* Interface with the Tax function to assess and quantify tax liabilities.
* Administration of bank bonds, parent company guarantees and insurance certificates.
* Participate as required in project reviews and provide input to project review reports.
* Active and regular attendance at project meetings involving the Client, including all those with a commercial/ contractual agenda.
* Oversee and participates in close out of contracts/projects including in relation to the certificates, final account and securities, and deal with claims to satisfactory conclusions.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in pertinent discipline preferred.
* Strong negotiation skills and experience
* Understand inter-disciplinary relations and requirements
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills
* Ability to provide open and direct dialogue with stakeholders
* High level of integrity and ethics
* High standard of written and spoken English.
* Fluent in the English language
* Opportunities to work on exciting projects
* A chance to work within a diverse and international team
* Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and experience
* An attractive benefits package, including life insurance and private healthcare
* Access to our on-site gym and staff restaurant
* Flexible ways of working
* Challenging work
* Strong team spirit
* A positive working environment
* Opportunities to join Employee Network Resource Groups (ENRGs) in support of Inclusion & Diversity, Wellbeing and the Environment.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/054512
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.