We are currently looking to recruit a Contracts Manager on behalf of our client based in Kuala Lumpur.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for taking support and lead roles in drafting, negotiating and concluding contractual negotiations related to business lines with a focus on support of the Asia Pacific region including Australia and India.
Principal duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Draft, review, negotiate and administer contracts for the provision of onshore and offshore services and the domestic and international sale and purchase of goods.
* Draft and implement contracting policies and procedures as required by Regional Counsel for application on a regional basis.
* Interface with bids-and-proposals, sales and operations personnel.
* Liaise with Legal, Tax, Finance and Insurance Departments on respective issues to ensure that all contracts comply with Clients contracting guidelines or other guidelines issued by Legal.
* Maintain contracts files and database with respect to contracts reviewed and executed.
* Support profit center managers in applying contracting principles to understand and address risks associated with various scopes of work.
* Conduct contracts-related training of operations personnel and other personnel as instructed by the Regional Counsel.
* Maintain an awareness of relevant law and regulation in coordination with Regional Counsel.
* Perform as a team player with a strong work ethic.
* Carry out all work in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other relevant policies and procedures.
* Work additional hours on short notice as may be necessary to meet operational demands.
* Some travel may be required and other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications / Experience;
* Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree in Law either from Malaysia, UK, Australia or other common law jurisdiction is required
* Preferably Managers specialised in Law/Legal Services
* Working experience in commercial contracting experience in the offshore oil and gas service industry is preferred; working specifically in a contracting capacity directly supporting sales and operations management's efforts with clients; knowledge of indemnity structures and risk mitigation utilized in offshore oil and gas service contracts is essential.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please apply or get in touch with reference number 913632 to discuss in more detail.