Procurement Contract Specialist
6-month contract with extensions/possible conversion to FTE
South San Francisco, CA OR Irvine, CA
Hybrid position (1-2 days onsite, prefer training in person)
$28-$31/HR based on benefits
Are you looking for the opportunity to work closely with a dynamic team and gain valuable experience in contract management and commercial procurement? If you are a motivated individual with strong critical thinking skills, clear communication abilities, and the ability to work collaboratively, we encourage you to apply NOW!
Orion Group is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our multinational life science client's Commercial Procurement Team as a Procurement Contract Specialist.
The Procurement Contract Specialist will support the Commercial Procurement Team by effectively managing and coordinating contracting activity in alignment with business objectives.
The Procurement Contract Specialist will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and executing a variety of company agreements, while ensuring internal and external partners experience a smooth and efficient process. The ideal candidate must be energized by working in a complex and fast-paced environment, be able to quickly understand and support business objectives with sound and ethical judgment, have excellent communication skills, and excel at collaborating with cross functional peers.
Procurement Contract Specialist Responsibilities:
· Manage agreements from start to finish including logging and updating contract management system for agreements.
· Ensuring that agreements are reviewed in a timely fashion and all agreement records are accurately maintained in the designated contract management system, including collaboration with other Procurement functions.
· Review and approve contracts, including assessing fundamental contract content and purpose to verify that the requisition was created properly and independently decide next steps for the request.
· Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of routine and/or moderately complex Commercial agreements based on existing templates and identify items that may require the review of additional cross-functional stakeholders based on submitted contract requisitions.
· Act as a primary liaison for the business to independently or in collaboration with Allergan Aesthetic procurement leads manage agreements and coordinate input from business and legal departments.
· Perform due diligence and ensure all required information needed for evaluating and approving new engagements in line with the Preferred Supplier Networks, is included in requests for contracts, as well as ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Ensure that contracts managed comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies to ensure ethical conduct in all contracting activities reflects AbbVie's high standards.
· Executing responsibilities while actively seeking opportunities to improve efficiency, optimize workflows, and drive high-impact results for the business.
Procurement Contract Specialist Qualifications:
· High School/GED required. BA or two years undergraduate education ideal.
· 3+ years total combined minimum years of experience required in areas such as Purchasing, Contracting, Accounts Payable, accounting Customer Service, Materials Planning, Supply Chain, Finance, or other business-related experience.
· Experience within aesthetics / luxury goods space with an emphasis on the business side (e.g. contracting, outsourcing, finance) a value add, but not required.
· Strong experience using contract management databases, and vendor management programs is required.
· Experience using SAP may be beneficial but is not required.
· Must be able to work across several systems to complete the contract execution process within departmental timelines and within auditable standards.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with highly demonstrated quality customer service.
· Self-motivated and capable of working well within a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change in a positive manner.
· Planning and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.