Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contacts Analyst, based in Aberdeen. The successful candidate should have a strong background in drilling and wells and experience of looking after a drilling and wells portfolio of contracts with an operator.
* Organise and prioritise assigned activities, including strategies, pre-qualifications, tender list development, issues of ITT, analysis of tenders, contract negotiations and the preparation of contractual documentation ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and legislation.
* Build a network of duets with all key stakeholders, ensuring appropriate level of service is being achieved, priorities are known and highlighting any areas of concern.
* Builds contracting synergies through regular communication with TGP Category Managers (CATMAN) on category related topics, as well as other internal stakeholders
* Contributes to a master procurement plan ensuring contracting needs need are anticipated, prioritised and planned to include regular follow up of deviations and changes throughout the year
* Collaborate with contract duets to prepare and present contract committee presentations, providing support and direction towards achieving a clearly defined approval request.
* Build and maintain relationships with contractors / suppliers and monitor their performance by participating in contract performance management activities
* Ensures all contract reps, budget accountable and technical prescribers are fully familiar with the tools and processes for managing and reporting of the costs of their contracts.
* Supports a culture of compliance to all applicable company rules for contracts. Reports any non-compliance and contributes to corrective action plans to protect P2P process. Participates in development of C&P procedures.
* Supports focal point for contractual activities, whilst working with contracts discipline in the area of cross-asset and regional synergies
* Collaborates with C&P Support and Performance team to contribute to agreed KPI, CPI and SOX results while participating with action plans that promote continuous improvement of the contracting process
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree, Diploma, or equivalent qualification and relevant experience OR experienced professional in an oil industry supply chain environment, in the contracts & procurement discipline.
* Demonstratable practical experience in preparation and negotiation of high value and complex technical services and/or purchase contracts.
* Demonstratable ability to develop appropriate strategies, draft effective documents and conduct commercially important negotiations with contractors
* Understanding of the supply chain process and conversant with the use of integrated business systems for all business activities associated with procurement.
* Knowledge of the legal aspects associated with procurement.
* Demonstrable people skills with proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
* Effective communicator- both verbally and written - with the ability to challenge & negotiate constructively to influence decisions or ways of working.
* Knowledge of Company's equipment and operations and awareness/knowledge of Group activities.
* Must have experience in looking after a portfolio of drilling and wells contracts.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065301.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.