Great opportunity to work for a mid-sized international E&P Company as a Construction Supervisor, on a flagship international mega offshore gas project. The role can be worked out of my client's London office initially with regular travel to Milan, before moving to Indonesia to the fabrication yard after 12- 18 months.
- Observe contractor's construction activities and raise any issues with Contractor's supervisors and / or elevate more serious issues to Construction Management.
- Undertake investigations into issues around productivity and co-ordination as requested by the Construction Management team.
- Provide specialist black trades input to the resolution of any structural or mechanical issues encountered during the construction work.
- Take part in any area or system walkdown activities as necessary for mechanical completion of the structural and mechanical works.
- Review construction work packs for the offshore hook-up and commissioning work.
- BSc / MSc within relevant engineering discipline.
- At least 10 years experience of international offshore oil and gas industry.
- Ideally the construction superintendent shall have worked previously as a construction supervisor for applicable Jacket work for a Contractor, before having undertaken a role as Construction Superintendent for an Operator.
- Experience in delivering offshore structures, preferably jacket structures.
- Proven experience acting as part of an onshore and/or offshore site construction team.
- Confident individual capable of carrying out interventions necessary to ensure safety and quality is maintained in the construction works.
This is a permanent staff position with a very attractive package available for the right candidate, the role requires the successful candidate to be flexible and move internationally with the project. British candidates can be based in London whilst waiting for appropriate work visas.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.