We have a current opportunity for a Construction Supervisor on a long term contract basis in Algeria on a 28/28 rotation starting towards the end of quarter 1 2023.
This is for a large upstream focused operating company.
Key purpose -
Responsible for the construction of green field and brown field projects in CPF (Central Processing Facility), Satellites and off plot areas (well sites, pipelines, flowlines, etc)
- Supervises Construction contractor(s) that executes construction and maintenance activities.
- Ensure compliance to Groupement Berkine HSE procedures, Quality procedures and approved design
- Ensure Contractors following GB Permit to Work procedures
- Liaises with Contractor Project Managers
- Collaborate with Engineering, Contracts, Maintenance & Construction functions
- Review Construction work packs and provide suggestion to improve safety and constructability
- Review Construction work packs to reduce hot work inside CPF and operating areas
- Review Construction contractor proposal for compliance to work pack design, quantities, man-hours
- Review Construction schedules (GB and Contractors) and ensure Project target timelines are achieved
- Collaborate with Project engineers, Project Managers to recover/improve construction schedules
Education/ skills required
- Mechanical Engineering qualification and/or Construction Management/Engineering qualification required
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience in a Construction Supervision position in brown field and green field projects in petroleum or petrochemical industries
- Requires strong project management skills
- Must have strong communication skills in both written and verbal areas.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.