Construction Manager- Solar
- Posted 24 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineRenewable Energy
- Contact NameAllwyn Avalos
We have a current opportunity for a Construction Manager- Solar on a contract basis. The position will be based in Texas. For more information about this position, dont wait, apply now! Feel free to reach out.
- Assure safe, environmentally compliant, cost effective and timely execution of project commissioning and operations.
- Insure and maintain a safe working environment covering all project work functions carried out by staff (internal and external). HSE
- Site documentation management.
- Responsible to maintain continuous accountability of project historic data to include but not limited to; project work(s) completed,
measured performance data/reports, installed asset components, etc.
- On site coordinate maintenance works and repairs as required with 3rd party providers
- Perform Routine Annual Maintenance tasks for assigned project(s) including QA/QC inspections, project performance evaluations, assets
condition management, on site predictive maintenance activities, End of Warranty audits, etc.
- Assist with project planning - writing work scopes, getting quotes, scheduling work.
- Assist with troubleshooting and evaluation of equipment for assigned project(s).
- Analyze site performance, identify problems, work with support teams to create and implement plans as needed to meet TERUSA's key
- Collaborate with the Technical Support group on the evaluation of equipment failures analysis and for methods of procedures to prevent
- Account for budgeted values maintaining profit and loss margins.
- Ensure all facilities are maintained within all regulatory guidelines NERC, ISO, OSHA and EGP standards. ( state , federal, avian,
- Responsible for site inventory - accounting for all spare parts stored, consumed, refurbished, salvaged, etc. at the project location and
ensuring proper stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Interface with Operations Support for any issue relevant to plant performance analysis to include the development, implementation and
results measurement of any action plans.
- Interface with Control Room Manager on Plant Operations and Maintenance
- Train and mentor junior members. Encourage training and development through performance management with a focus on retention.
- Create and maintain 24/7 emergency response schedule for site outages.
- Manage and direct employees and contractors to assure TRUSA's business goals are achieved.
- Provide technical input related to contract drawings and documents.
- Lead daily and weekly contractor/owner meetings.
- Assure contractors meet all deliverable requirements set-forth in applicable contracts and agreements.
- Validate all contractor schedules, applications for payments and contractor change requests.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental laws, policies and regulations governing the work at the job site and on the project.
- Directly responsible for ensuring contractors performing work on site comply with all environmental and land use permit conditions.
- Review environmental scope and audits construction activities.
- Maintain project schedules and keeps management informed of any potential changes to the schedule.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the community and stakeholders.
- Act as company liaison with property owners to provide efficient trouble-free operation.
- Assists in administration of solar project leases and easements.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. (Typically, six years of related progressive work experience is needed
for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor's degree.)
- Six years of related electrical management or energy industry electrical experience including three years supervisory management
- Knowledge in new renewable/alternative energy power projects preferred.
- Proficient in the areas of transmission lines, inter-connect systems, switchgear installations, electrical circuits, power quality and high
voltage collection/distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of latest NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA and OSHA codes and standards and industry safety requirements and methods.
- Microsoft Office Skills at an intermediate level.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel with limited advance notice and to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and nights.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
- Candidate must live or be willing to relocate to within one hour of the assigned power plant.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.