Contract Length: 18 months
Location: Reading 100% onsite 5 days per week
IR35: Out of scope
To be responsible for delivering to the Project Manager the construction phase of a project or projects and associated documentation to meet safety, quality, programme and cost objectives, by implementing the project strategy and using the defined arrangements within the Project Delivery Process, Execution and Quality Plan.
- The safety of all staff within the construction site together with the Principal Construction Manager (PCM) and other Package Integration Managers (PIM).
- Visible commitment to safety improvement programmes and follows up accidents and injuries.
- Assist in the creation and maintain a culture of zero accidents or incidents relating to occupational and personal safety, security, health issues, and environmental matters.
- Communicating to employees and contractors of the importance of meeting customer requirements including references to statutory and internal regulatory procedures.
- Assist PCM in Construction Design Management (CDM) compliance.
- Review, comment and respond to contractor programmes.
- Coordinate the integration of contractor programmes.
- Review request for information (RFI) responses prior to response to contractor to determine cost and schedule impacts.
- Implement project internal change management processes.
- Assist in raising any instructions to contractor.
- Review contractor quotations for any changes to scope.
- Provision of accurate forecast to Senior Construction Manager (PCM).
- Review and actively engage in short term planning activities e.g. Plan of the Week and constraints.
- All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Provide management and governance to maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality across all areas of engineering with specific specialist knowledge within Construction and the nuclear environment.
- Responsible for the professional development, performance and ethical standards of the staff within their responsibility and reporting chain.
- Ensure the standards, procedures and work instructions underpinning construction are followed.
- Ensure construction teams are appropriately organised and that key personnel are demonstrably competent to undertake their roles.
- Ensure that commissioning activities follow the appropriate Project Delivery Map.
- Ensure construction records are maintained to support project handover.
- Responsible for task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the project and business objectives.
- CSCS & SMSTS, NVQ L6 (aligned to discipline) essential
- Experienced construction manager
- Nuclear background preferential
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.