We have a current opportunity for a Consenting Consultant on a temporary basis. The position will be based in either London or Leeds.
Working closely with key stakeholders, including the permitting & consenting lead, programme and project managers, the Consenting Consultant will ensure that gathered insight informs and supports project planning. The Consenting Consultant will deliver and evaluate effective and engaging activity to ensure consents delivery to project schedule and needs relating to the Low Carbon Solutions' (LCS) strategic programmes.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Support a first of its kind Hydrogen Storage Development Consent Order (DCO), with potential to support other DCO and Town & Country Planning Act projects.
* Manage interfaces between environmental consultant, engineering consultant, land agent and external legal advisors.
* Co-ordinate timely delivery of all DCO deliverables.
* Review and quality assure DCO deliverables.
* Manage, own and drive the DCO schedule.
Relevant Bachelor or Masters degree and / or proven relevant experience within the industry
1. Significant experience and competence within Consenting
2. Independent and flexible, with the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams across the organisation.
3. Skilled in developing, utilising and extending network of internal and external stakeholders.
4. Strategic and Commercial mindset with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrates high level of personal integrity and ethical awareness.
6. A role model with the ability to mentor and develop others in the team.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
If you feel you have relevant experience apply today.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.