- Posted 18 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Commercial Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Commercial representative providing asset support and commercial expertise for a range of key assets.
* Development, negotiation and execution of relevant commercial agreements and their subsequent administration to ensure company value is enhanced and protected. Comply with industry protocols, for example the Commercial Code of Practice and Infrastructure Codes of Practice.
* Manage compliance with existing commercial arrangements -- operating agreements, transportation and processing and decommissioning security agreements - enforcing or performing contractual rights and obligations.
* Participate in relevant Base Business or Growth Project cross functional team(s) to identify creative and value adding opportunities. Lead and/or support efforts to generate, assess and evaluate commercial elements of technical and business alternatives to address relevant opportunities.
* Define and agree commercial strategies and mandates in advance, and ensure relevant internal alignment is achieved. As appropriate, work to achieve alignment within the relevant co-venturer group.
* Coordinate with technical teams' nominations and capacity bookings process under various asset transportation agreements.
* Protection & promotion of company's interests, value optimisation of existing agreements through deep understanding and compliance with contracts.
* Coordinate with Legal to complete standard agreements, for example, proximity and pipeline crossing, confidentiality agreements etc. Support reviews of asset transfer novation's received from other operators.
* Management and resolution of JV commercial disputes.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree or equivalent in finance; engineering: legal or business discipline (preferred).
* Broad experience from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds desirable.
* Highly numerate problem solver accustomed to using their initiative to find solutions.
* Strong business acumen with an understanding of upstream commercial agreements and experience in drafting and negotiating terms and agreements with third parties.
* Performance focussed with commercial mind-set, agility and a focus on delivery and performance as well as problem solving.
* Proven influencing and negotiation skills.
* Ability to establish and communicate clear guidance and direction across all levels of an organization with the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to interact with senior leaders, and influence decisions.
* Ability to summarize key issues that affect both commercial/fiscal policy and project execution efforts.
* Demonstrates the ability to be results oriented with a commercial focus and has the enthusiasm to seek improvements in business performance
* Ability to work with minimal supervision in a proactive manner.
* Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062860.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.