- Posted 26 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Commercial Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Supported by senior colleague(s), takes a support / lead role for the company in the review / interpretation / negotiation / preparation of commercial matters - e.g. joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, pipeline agreements, product sales contracts, third party access requests.
* Ensures company's senior management are fully appraised of all key issues / emerging situations / strategic options, etc. Set up / prepare / present on same. Propose suitable path(s) forward. Follow-up on same.
* Works closely with other departments e.g. Operations, Development Engineering, Engineering & Subsea to ensure that Operated / Non-Operated field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the Company's best interests and that the Operator is applying sound operating and maintenance procedures.
* Works closely with other members of the Commercial Team to develop and implement commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the Company's current and future business.
* Provides advice and guidance on commercial matters to colleagues, senior management / co-ventures' / external stakeholders.
* Prepares for, attends and represents the Company at relevant external meetings (J.V. sessions, OpComs, FinComs, etc.) - ensuring the Company's best interests are protected and promoted. Prepares minutes / meeting notes / documenting discussions / key activity / recommendations.
* Prepare requests for expenditure / ensures requests are aligned with budgets for approval by partners and works with partner group to gain support of same.
* Provide input to e.g. the business plan, asset plans and annual budgets - and, where appropriate, works with partner group to gain support of same.
* Prepare / present proposed commercial recommendations / options to Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertake follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
* Maintains a high level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. and ensures company management are properly briefed on all developments.
* Participates in industry fora, attends conferences, seminars and networking events to ensure company's maintains appropriate representation within the industry.
* Maintains a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial activities.
* Assists Legal and HSSEQ departments to monitor all statutory requirements for a UK Operator and helps maintain the Company's licence to operate.
* Support delivery of business efficiency initiatives (e.g. Energy Institute activities).
* May provide commercial support to ad-hoc projects / opportunities.
* Potential to establish / manage oil and gas sales contracts and ensures the Company complies with the terms and requirements of the agreements. Ensure suitable procedures are always in place and updated.
* Once established, coach / mentor team on product sale aspects ensuring product sales roles have fully trained alternative / back-fill cover.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (ideally a minimum of a 2.1) or equivalent in a business, technical or engineering discipline
* Able to exercise sound judgement / know when to ask for advice and guidance.
* Proactive and driven.
* Good communication / presentation skills.
* Knowledge and experience of the oil and gas industry - ideally in a commercially focused role with an Operator in the UK oil and gas industry.
* Relationship builder with networking capability / Ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
* Must be numerate / comfortable with extensive use of Excel (but not macros / Visual Basic programming), Word, PowerPoint.
* Good planning and organisational skills
* Proven ability to "design" meetings / action plans.
* Conversant with industry-specific agreements, contractual terms, commercial developments, etc.
* Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility - internally and externally.
* High level of commercial awareness.
* Knowledge of applicable UK law and fiscal regime for oil and gas developments.
* Experience of negotiating and executing oil and gas industry contracts and agreements, performing economic analysis, business modelling tools/techniques.
* Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
* Understanding of prevailing commercial environment of UKCS - namely: Commercial Code of Practice
* Code of Practice governing Infrastructure Access and associated industry guidance notes
* DECC Guidance for determining terms of Access
* Role of Commercial Champion.
* Willingness and ability to travel.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/056188.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.