Coating/Welding Fabrication Supervisor
Daily onsite monitoring to secure that procedures are being followed and that steel works and surface treatment is in full compliance with design and Employers Requirements. QC tasks are done in according to QAP and includes but not limited to:
- Material traceability of steel plates, spot-checks of Incoming inspection of, secondary items (e.g. bolts), handling and storage of steel materials and welding consumables;, weld preparation etc.
- Welding inspection spot-checks such as: visual check, welders' certification, WPS and WPQR's, weld quality and traceability etc.
- NDT verification such as spot-check of NDT Inspectors' certification, NDT of welding (MPI, UT, RT), NDT equipment , NDT reports - traceability etc.
- Surface treatment check of: substrate preparation, Inspection during coating process, paint reports, cathodic protection etc.
- Dimensional checks of structure incl. check of position, dimension of profiles and tolerances
- Review of final Documentation and As-Built.
- Support Fabrication Mgr. in arranging, witnessing and/or participating in kick-off meetings, FAIs, inspections, visits of subsuppliers etc.
- Support Fabrication Mgr. in coordination of 3rd party and consultants inspections
- Support DE HSE with general supervision of HSE on site
- Support in coordination, installation and random check of Employer Deliveries
- Final inspections of steel works and surface treatment incl. documentation and input to punch list
- Assist the Fabrication Mgr. and Fabrication Technical Quality Engineer in preparation and/or maintenance of QAP and overall fabrication quality activities
- Documentation of daily work and inspections to Fabrication Mgr.
- Review/input to the as-built documentation including review of traceability of records (e.g. manufacturing records, certificates, NDT reports, test reports, workshop drawings, equipment user manuals, etc.) which shall reflect all testing, alterations, additions, corrections, and revisions made during fabrication.
- Provide practical input to and follow up on implementation of fabrication relevant communication Technical Queries (TQ), Communication Forms (CF), NCR and variations to the Contract (VO/VOR) in coordination with the Fabrication Mgr
- Ensuring by supervising and performing onsite QC, that all structures of the supply contract in full compliance with the design and employers' requirements.
- steel works and surface treatment according to Program incl. support in potential corrective actions & reporting to Fabrication Mgr.
- Monitoring, supervision and participation of
- Fabrication of heavy duty offshore steel structure - Monopile
- Fabrication of steel structures for Anode cage and platforms
- Final inspection
- Handover from Manufacturer
- Loadout of foundations
- Contribute actively to evaluation of the project and capture lessons learnt throughout the project
- Bachelor's or Master in civil or mechanical engineering with practical experiences of heavy duty steel structure manufacturing
- 10+ years of site experience on fabrication yards, pre-assembly or constructions sites
- 3+ years in a similar position
- Practical as well as theoretical experience with fabrication and inspection such as: IWI International Welding Inspector, IWS International Welding Specialist, IWT International Welding Technician or IWE International Welding Engineer.
- Frosio level III / NACE (a plus)
- NDT Inspector
- Technically strong, adaptable, works well in teams, strong communication abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.