We have a current opportunity for a Civils Site Manager on a permanent basis for our Highland based client.
KEY DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
The Key duties of the role will be:
- Comply with current Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations and the Company H & S Policy.
- Comply with the Company Quality Management System.
- Co-ordinate and Manage the allocated projects.
- Diligently supervise, guide and advise trainees / apprentices placed in your charge.
- Regularly update the management as to the project's progress, and of any potential threats and opportunities.
In addition to the above you may be required to assist with:
- Preparing competitive tenders for new work.
- Monitoring, maintaining and keeping up to date, the Construction Phase Plan and compiling the information for the Health and Safety File in accordance with the Principal Designer's requirements.
- Completing and keeping up to date, all documentation in respect of Health and Safety inspections, reports etc as required by current legislation and Company procedures.
- Ensuring all staff work to the required timescales and quality standards and that potential snagging costs are kept to a minimum.
- Requisitioning materials correctly, within budget, and in sufficient time to meet programme requirements.
- Requisitioning mechanical plant correctly, within budget and in sufficient time to meet programming requirements.
- Sourcing labour in sufficient numbers and of appropriate ability to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager in preparing all necessary Reports as required by the Client (or his representatives).
- Ensuring that materials are used effectively to minimise site waste and that appropriate arrangements are maintained on site in respect of the segregation of materials prior to their removal from site.
- Ensuring that all site generated paperwork/ documentation is completed accurately and in accordance with the requirements of the company's timescales and procedures. Such paperwork will include;
· Purchase Orders
- Plant Returns
- Goods Received Sheets
- Site Diary
- Monthly Site Report
- Labour Only Sub-Contractor Returns
- Staff Allocation Sheets
- Holiday Forms
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with customers, their representatives (e.g. architects engineers?) and local authority staff (e.g. planning)
- Ensuring sites are maintained in ways which project company as a professional, high-quality civil engineering company
- Regularly updating the Company Director as to the project's progress, and of any potential threats and opportunities.
- When requested to do so, acting as the main contact point with members of the Design Team for all technical matters relating to the contract.
- When required to do so, providing information to the Company Director in respect of Company reporting requirements.
- Provide any other reasonable duties as requested by any Director of the company.
Financial Performance of Projects
- Completion of project to programme and quality standards.
- Compliance with the Company Management System
- Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety legislation and requirements
- Compliance with HR Policies & Procedures.
- Creation of excellent relationships with internal/external personnel
Effectively organise and utilise resources.
- Have excellent management knowledge.
- Ability to produce and monitor programmes.
- Ability to achieve company Environmental, Health and Safety performance standards.
- Ability to achieve company Quality Performance standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external parties.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.