- Posted 13 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameBreanna Casimiro
We have a current opportunity for a Civil CAD Tech on a contract basis. The position will be based in Houston. For further information about this position please apply.
The CADD Technician is responsible for performing drafting services including computer-aided drafting systems (2D & 3D) of complex facilities in conformance with project specifications, standards, codes, procedures, scope of work, design parameters, industry practices, P&lDs, line list, stress information and vendor data. Additional responsibilities include completing and checking of design and layout based on major equipment placement and instructions. Experience in the following industry segments: freight and rail
* Work with project team members to design, layout detailed components and systems to resolve design issues, assisting engineers with initial design and final design solutions on a project.
* Conceptualize plans, details, and elevation sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements.
* Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies and to reduce production and construction problems.
* Responsible for creating, checking and back-checking 3D models, elevations and sections.
* Ensure compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design.
* Coordinate vendor supplied drawings, information, or cut-sheets into project.
* Extract and create Bill of Material from models and external information. Communicate and interface with the Project Engineer, Project Manager, and other project team members.
* Attend project meetings as required.
* A combination of education and/or relevant experience in mechanical design / drafting focusing on freight and rail.
* 5-10 years of experience in freight and rail..
* 5+ years of experience in engineering and construction industry.
* Associate or Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in mechanical design / drafting is preferred.
* Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
* Must be familiar with administrative, and technical practices, design instructions, plot plans, flow diagrams and interpreting vendor information.
* Able to conceptualize and draw design details independently with minor instruction.
* Expertise in creating construction/fabrication isometrics and as built drawings.
* Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills are critical, as required to meet with customers, relay project status or change information, and maintain a professional image that reflects positively on the organization.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills, for proactively developing and implementing solutions to problems with assigned projects.
* Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
* Highly motivated, eager to contribute to the establishment of an effective and efficient drafting/design team.
* Must be a critical and economic thinker.
* Must be able to communicate complex technical concepts to engineers, and public stakeholders using good verbal and written communication skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.