Civil and Structural Specialist
- Posted 04 March 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationBritish Columbia
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEngineering Skilled Trades
- Contact NameDean Prystupa
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Civil and Structural Specialist on a contract basis with attractive benefits, shifts and career growth to suit a qualified, and ambitious individual!
This position will function as the site Civil and Structural Specialist and Inspector at the company. The position is responsible for implementation and stewardship for the Civil Equipment Integrity Management Program as part of an overarching Managing Equipment Care strategy.
Reporting directly to the Civil Engineer, the encumbant within the Integrity Engineering Team will supervise contract inspection services and other 3rd parties as required to meet the objectives of the Civil Asset Care Plan.
Benefits include an attractive base rate along with all company approved expenses including flights, accommodation, and more. Opportunity to work with skilled engineers on one of Canada's leading projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the development and implementation of the Civil Equipment Integrity Management program as part of an overall Managing Equipment Care strategy.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Civil Asset Register for all aspects of the company's ISBL and OSBL facilities and structures including the Material Offloading Facility. Civil assets including foundations (shallow and deep), primary and secondary structures, coatings and insulation, infrastructure (roads, bridges, utilities), and marine area structures.
- With the Civil Engineer, develop and manage a Civil Asset Care Plan for the site, with specific equipment care plans for targeted assets. The Civil Asset Care Plan will be a strategic, long-term civil asset management plan to manage and optimize maintenance spend related to time-based degradation of civil and structural assets.
- Champion compliance to Global Performance Standard templates and relevant Reliability Strategy Libraries to use them as a reference for development of inspection scope and strategies for HSSE critical equipment.
- Leverage leading-edge technology and digitalization opportunities in an 'Asset of the Future' environment.
- Provide deep technical expertise in the areas of Civil troubleshooting, and maintenance of facilities and structures, driving strong assurance and proactive problem solving.
- Actively lead projects related to management of civil assets including inspection, fabric maintenance, and repair.
- Maintain and manage the civil asset register within the Integrity Management System software
- Develop and execute on Corrective Action Inspection Requests
- Support the maintenance execution team
- Participate in technical reviews
Required to be Successful:
- Tertiary civil or structural engineering or technology qualification and relevant experience, typically in operational engineering support role.
- A civil or structural inspector or engineer with minimum 5 years' experience in construction and maintenance of industrial facilities, working under the direct supervision of an experienced and registered Civil/Structural Engineer.
- Professional registration eligibility with EGBC as an Engineer-in-Training, Professional Engineer or ASTTBC as a technician or technologist.
- Knowledge level in the application of codes, standards and design practices related to civil structures.
- Knowledge related to the design of civil works including structural, marine, site geotechnical attributes.
- Excellent communication, written and prioritization skills
- Proven track record to complete projects and meet goals/ safety measures.
- Proven management and supervisory skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other core business areas to provide an engineering service that ensures safety, longevity and regulatory compliance of plant equipment and civil structures.
- Must be able to work remotely 14/7 and pass company testing requirements including D&A
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.