- Posted 25 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Orion Group are sourcing a Chief Surveyor on behalf of our client, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services, on a permanent basis in Aberdeen.
As a dynamic and forward-thinking individual, you will be a global Subject Matter Expert (SME), managing the Applications & Technical support teams to deliver industry leading operational support to our client's projects and offshore worksites.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and lead the Applications and Technical support team in the provision of operational support to offshore worksites
- Maintain and develop the company's survey procedures and standards to reflect current best practice, lessons learned and latest technology developments
- Identify, develop and publish technical bulletins and guidance notes to inform and advise survey personnel both onshore & offshore
- Lead the global Community of Expertise for survey ensuring input and collaboration is received from all regions
- Identify and evaluate new technical survey products and services for extending and enhancing the Company's survey capability.
- Provide survey technical support for Marketing and Business Development.
- Provide survey consultancy and support for all aspects of company's survey work as required including tendering, equipment selection, software development (including development of user specifications) and for offshore operations.
- Actively monitor the performance and quality of internal survey services through site visits and audits and identify changes required to improve quality services
- Conduct periodic review of tender submissions, project planning and procedures from across company's regional teams to ensure compliance & consistency
- Perform regular technical reviews of all survey standard procedures, checklists and process maps
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- A qualification in a relevant survey discipline or extensive relevant experience in survey operations across offshore subsea construction and Inspection, Repair & Maintenance (IRM)
- A high level of proficiency and knowledge of typical software and hardware used in Survey & Inspection across the offshore Energy market
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of latest technology, industry trends and customer requirements within offshore Survey & Inspection
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, maintains strong collaborative relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment.
- Experience of managing technical teams and driving continuous improvement
- Experience in developing and maintaining procedures, processes and policies to support new ways of working and best practice
- A demonstrated ability to work both on their own and cross-functionally, collaborating with stakeholders to achieve shared objectives
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Cameron Lisle on 07701381227 or email email@example.com
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.