We have a current opportunity for a Chief Facilities Engineer (Subsea) on a Fixed Term contract basis. The position will be based in London.
You will be expected to act as an integrated member of multiple development and project teams and contribute from 'within' the teams in a technical engineering capacity to ensure innovative and fit-for-purpose development concepts are identified, vetted, taken forward, and delivered in accordance with the required industry standards and Tullow minimum requirements, which you will define.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For
- Scoping and managing ad-hoc subsea engineering studies.
- Development and maintenance of Tullow minimum requirements in line with currently applicable subsea industry standards and regulations in support of planned projects.
- Acting as technical authority for subsea matters.
- Prepare decision record memorandums and management of change documentation to record key technical recommendations, supported where necessary by relevant in house calculations and detailed engineering assessments.
- Extensive subsea oil and gas engineering experience including Engineering Manager or Technical Authority experience.
- Recognised industry expertise in subsea deep or ultra deep water (West Africa and/or Gulf of Mexico highly desirable).
- A track record of proposing creative solutions that significantly improve the economics for marginal subsea developments.
- In depth engineering knowledge of subsea controls, structures, subsea processing, umbilicals, flexible flowlines, rigid pipelines, subsea architecture, fabrication, testing, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Thorough knowledge of subsea standards and their application and good industry practice.
- Operator and subsea contractor engineering experience.
- Excellent communication skills; clearly able to articulate, document and present complex technical information for non-technical audiences and to summarise key recommendations for decision making.
- Engineering Degree
- Chartered member of a relevant engineering body
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.