- Posted 21 April 2022
- SalaryUp to US$26 per hour
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameDanielle StGeorge
Chemistry Analyst I
6+month initial contract
4334 schedule/ 6:30pm-6:30am
- *Selected candidates will train on day shift then move to 12 hour nights (must be flexible and willing to work front or back half of the week).
Orion Group is now hiring for a Chemistry Analyst I to work onsite for our intravenous medical device manufacturer in Austin, TX.
The Chemistry Analyst I will work under direct supervision or be partnered with an experienced analyst to perform wet chemistry analyses, preparation of reagents, standardization of solutions, and instrumentation testing and documentation in a cGMP environment. May be cross-trained to work in other laboratory areas as dictated by the needs of the department.
Chemistry Analyst I Responsibilities:
- Chemical analysis utilizing the following techniques: titrations, serial dilutions, pipetting and distillations.
- Instrumental analysis utilizing the following instrumentation: UV/VIS, polarimetry, flame photometry, specific conductance, pH, total organic carbon analysis and HPLC.
- Generate accurate lab records of tasks completed and verify the results of other lab personnel.
Provide support in the resolution of production problems, the execution of technical studies, and during laboratory investigations.
- Keep the standardization of all laboratory volumetric solutions and preparation of all reagent solutions current.
- Responsible for laboratory safety and GMP/GLP practices.
- Interface with other departments on a daily basis for the reporting/recording of data.
- Investigate questionable or inconsistent results and report to the supervisor.
- Participate in an evaluation and clarification of the problem and provide suggestions for its resolution.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments, performing standardizations according to SLPs, STMs, and SOPs
- Make accurate records of tasks performed and data obtained.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely reports of progress and results
- Complete daily room check to verify TS, S expiration dates and calibration dates
- Responsible for daily housekeeping, organization, and lab safety
- Adhere to cGMP's, SOP's and plant policies/guidelines.
- Evaluate analytical data to determine compliance with establishes specifications
- Resolve routine analytical and quality problems, generally with limited assistance
- Work with personnel from other departments in the resolution of quality and analytical problems
- Lead and/or support projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Chemistry Analyst I Qualifications:
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve routine problems and manipulate algebraic equations on a daily basis.
- Must be able to perform tests quickly and efficiently without sacrificing accuracy, safety or quality.
- Bachelor's Degree is required: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Chemical Science
- 0-1 year of experience required.
- Prefer either one year of GMP laboratory experience in a regulated industry OR one year analytical instrumental laboratory experience.
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- _ Selected candidates will train on day shift then move to 12 hour nights, 6:30p-6:30a on a 4334 schedule (must be flexible and willing to work front or back half of the week)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.