Location: Lake County, IL
Contract Length: 12-months (Possible extension)
Pay: $22.50 (with benefits)
Chemist (Entry Level)
This is an Entry Level position with our highly respected Multinational Biopharmaceutical client. The successful candidate will be responsible for activities relating to stocking of supplies and management of materials. Chromatographic Testing (HPLC &GC) and Wet Chemistry Testing (Karl Fischer, pH measurement) will also be undertaken as part of this role.
Knowledge Skills Experience:
- High School education or GED is desired. A BS in Chemistry or related degree is highly desired.
- Prior experience working in an industrial lab, preferably analytical, with prior responsibilities related to stocking of supplies and management of materials is desired.
- Prior experience with chromatographic techniques (e.g. HPLC or GC) or wet chemistry techniques (e.g. KF, pH measurement) and / or some understanding of general analytical topics is highly preferred.
- Prior experience working in an analytical (or similar) laboratory setting performing maintenance activities (e.g. waste disposal, supply stocking, solution preparation) would be great.
- Looking for someone who is a strong communicator, team player, curious (eager to learn), and innovative (recognizes problems and suggests solutions).
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple assigned tasks
- Communication, able to understand directions given and speak up when questions arise
- Innovative, suggests new ways to solve existing challenges / problems
- Team Player . . . willing to adjust work priorities based on the needs of the Department
- Flexible . . . must be willing to work at two different job sites ~ 15 minutes apart although they will likely only be working at one site primarily.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.