- Posted 09 May 2022
- Salary+ holiday pay
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameAngela Henderson
Agile working / Working from home
PAYE Rate - £26.20 per hour + £3.81 per hour holiday pay
Our client a successful and innovative Shipbuilding Engineering business is seeking to source several CAD Technicians to support design services on the T31 Frigate Contract at Rosyth.
The CAD Technician is responsible for using Computer Aided Design systems to create Engineering design information (primarily models and drawings) from supplied data and to the stipulated requirements and standards. The CAD technician job involves the production and amendment of mainly electronic 2D technical drawings and 3D models. As a CAD technician, you can be employed on a broad range of design activities across various discipline groups, including Structural, Mechanical and Electrical.
You will work with various stakeholders including: Engineers, Designers, and Project Management representatives. Depending on the task or project you will generally work under the supervision of a CAD Lead, Designer, Senior Designer or Engineer
The role requires a good understanding of drawing practices and must be able to demonstrate appropriate CAD competencies as well as good written and verbal communications.
Major Tasks and Activities
* Preparation/production/amendment of drawings throughout design lifecycle in line with recognised ISO standards to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
* Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately.
* Perform self-verification of own work in accordance with Project GuidancePreparation, production and maintenance of project documentation as required by the design lifecycle.
* Production and maintenance of 'Modelled Parts' and creation of Parts Libraries.
* Reporting of progress and issues to line management.
* Be aware of, and ensure the implementation of, safety, health and environmental requirements.
* Assist with the maintenance and improvement in the standard and quality of outputs.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Competencies and Experience
* Recognised CAD training and/or qualification and demonstrable experience in appropriate software packages - Example - Autodesk suite/products (including AutoCAD, Inventor, Plant 3D), Hexagon PPM (including Smart 3D), FORAN, Aveva Packages and ShipConstructor
* An understanding of procedures and requirements relating to Design, Health/Safety and Environmental, as well as Quality requirements.
* IT literate (Microsoft office suite, PDM systems).
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.