913712 - CAD Technician
We are currently working with our client to recruit a CAD Technician for a contract position based in the North of Scotland
Main duties will include
- Updating of existing drawings including P&IDs, layout drawings and electrical loop drawings.
- Updating and maintaining the drawing register.
- Surveying of equipment and production of new drawings where none exist.
- Updating maintenance management system with new drawing information.
- Labelling and tagging of equipment to match documentation.
- Highlighting areas where additional work of information is required.
- Working with the engineering staff to produce new designs.
- Working with contractors to provide information required and update documents to as-built.
- Production of material take off (MTO) lists.
- Plant building and machinery layout surveying
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent AutoCAD skills.
- Experience of producing P&IDs, Isometric pipe drawings, electrical single line diagrams and electrical loop drawings.
- Experience in drawing control - New systems, Updating, Auditing and reviewing.
- Knowledge of DSEAR, ATEX and Hazardous zoning requirements.
- Excellent communicator.
- Manage and coordinate on site personnel to facilitate job description.
- Team person, reliable, enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
- Knowledge of Health and safety legislation.
- Documentation control, updating, review and archiving.
- Use of labelling machine to identify equipment and systems.
- AutoCAD inventor or similar 3D design experience.
- Knowledge of COMAH regulations
- Experience in a distilling or production environment.
This is a contract position
The rate for this position is negotiable
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 913712