Cable Design Engineer
Location - Glenrothes
Competitive salary and benefits
We are currently recruiting a Cable Design Engineer to be based at our client's Glenrothes facility.
We seek a professional Design and Development Engineer to own the cable design, product development and quality of specific cable product ranges for the LAN cable environment and to ensure that our cable products remain at the leading edge of the industry and are competitive.
The successful applicant will be responsible for new products, assist in driving improved right first time levels across our current product ranges and ensuring that our competitive literature including technical data sheets remain current.
Key Functional Goals:
- Delivery of new product development and cost saving initiatives within the business.
- Technical support for the factory.
- Sales support and standards participation.
Skill set requirement:
- Engineering Degree.
- Experience in design and development preferably within a continuous manufacturing industry.
- Proven ability in project management and structured problem solving.
- Results driven.
- Good communicator.
The management and control of specific cable product sets within the company portfolio including:
- Developing and implementing the product specification.
- Defining the materials to be employed in the cable manufacture.
- Managing the development process for the product range including the full and final reporting of and cable development activity.
- Ensuring that all BoM's are maintained and accurate.
- Identifying and specifying the critical to quality attributes for products.
- Provide technical support for the factory through:
(i) Active participation in manufacturing related issues including the co-ordination of the reporting of all major issues.
(ii) Providing product performance trend information including data analysis.
(iii) Co-ordinating product breakdown activities and reporting
(iv) Co-ordinating of the implementation of product changes.
- Working closely with Manufacturing Engineering and the Manufacturing unit to assure that the cable product range is within the manufacturing capability of the factory.
- Development and co-ordination of product quality/ control plans including defining test requirements.
- Management of failure rates within the factory to reduce exceptional scrap levels.
Manage the design verification process for the product range.
- Co-ordination and implement product cost reductions without jeopardising product quality.
- Maintain the environmental aspects register associated with the product range.
- Manage and maintain the data sheet and technical information used to promote the product range.
- Manage and maintain the 3rd Party accreditation of the product range.
- Competitive product analysis.
- Ensuring the cable product range remains compatible with our connecting hardware.
- Ensuring that the product range remains compliant with the required international standards and other legislation such as RoHS, etc.
- Standards participation or support for the business's main standards participants.
- Sales and customer support as required.
Training support as required.