- Posted 30 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
Role Title C&I Systems Engineer - Renewables
Line Manager C&I Systems Manager
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date the company has constructed over 100 grid scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change there has been no better or exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net zero.
Our company Values
We are proud to be market leaders in our chosen areas of expertise, we embrace innovation and are focussed, striving to be the best. At Anesco we are one team, building trust and enduring relationships with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. We champion renewable energy and are committed to causing no harm to people or the environment.
Due to our phenomenal growth, we are seeking a C&I Systems Engineer as part of Anesco's expanding Engineering team. The C&I systems engineer will apply technical expertise in Control and Instrumentation Systems across the project lifecycle from feasibility, through design, project management and commissioning of Solar PV and Battery Energy Storage projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide C&I technical guidance and recommendations on design for Battery Energy Storage and Solar PV systems.
- Create high-quality design specifications, schematics, and wiring instructions specific to each project.
- Project manage sub-contractors to ensure successful project execution.
- Review client technical project proposals and employer's requirements.
- Support project development bids/tenders' team to prepare technical scopes and cost estimates for control systems.
- Provide technical support to clients and electrical subcontractors, to facilitate high quality installation work.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure alignment between design/construction and operational teams.
Skills & Competencies
- C&I Engineering discipline knowledge and experience.
- Proficiency in industry standards for Control Systems.
- Knowledge and experience in SCADA systems.
- Understanding of Power Generation technologies, ideally renewable an/or distributed energy.
- Expertise in Battery Energy Storage systems and/or Solar PV.
- Entrepreneurial - self driven and comfortable with a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Resilient - Used to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- A natural collaborator, keen to add value to the wider business and build strong client relationships.
- A positive and pro-active problem solver.
- Able to inspire and work within a team of technical experts.
- A true team player - fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- A strong organiser and tenacious leader, creating structure and clarity for both colleagues and clients.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent calibre in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in engineering and design of power control systems.
- Renewable energy sector experience is desirable.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.