- Posted 20 September 2022
- Salary US$35 - US$38 per hour
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
4+ month initial contract
Hourly Rate: $35-38/hr
Orion Group is seeking for an experienced Buyer to work onsite with our premiere Medical Device manufacturing client in Indianapolis, IN.
The Buyer is responsible for procuring assigned materials to ensure global supply. Execution of the purchasing function is done via systemic trigger points. Additionally, the Buyer may be responsible for analyzing inventory trends, proposing process improvements, and aiding in the generation of key reports and metrics.
* Purchase order and supplier management
* Daily purchase order review and management
* Providing and/or analyzing periodic reports
* Resolve supply issues by working with in-house partners and/or suppliers
* Minimize scrap due to age and obsolescence
* Processing vendor returns and resolving inbound supplier issues
* Engineering Change Order (ECO) review and implementation
* Various additional tasks assigned by the manager from time to time
* Experience with Oracle Planning/Procurement
* Purchasing experience in a manufacturing role
* Knowledge and skills acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree (B.A or B.S.) or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 3 years previous purchasing experience required.
* Very proficient in MS Excel (Advanced skills - Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, formulas, etc.)
* Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.