Orion Partner Plus are delighted to have been retained by a global market-leading provider of Filtration solutions for a diverse range of Industries such as Oil & Gas, Refining, Power, Chemical and Petrochemical. Our client is looking for a skilled Business Development Manager for the Italy, Portugal, Spain, Greece and Croatia region. The candidate can be based within these regions and must be open to travel between them.
Reporting to the European Sales Lead, this candidate will execute commercial sales activities within the assigned region. In addition, the Business Development Manager will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at prospecting, converting leads, building relationships, and closing business.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, quick learner with a bias for action. The candidate will possess strong negotiating skills, the ability to showcase our offerings compellingly and be comfortable presenting in front of groups. In addition, the person must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment to maintain a culture of success.
ROLE DESCRIPTION and PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Business Development Manager will represent our clients company products and capabilities with a deep and comprehensive understanding of both the customer's needs and the corresponding solutions. This role will be responsible for exceeding monthly and annual sales quotas through the successful execution of sales and marketing strategies and tactics. In addition, the Business Development Manager will also successfully build relationships and develop and execute territory action plans to support distributor and direct sales.
The Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Engage with customers within the assigned territory to develop, maintain, and expand commercial relationships
- Present and sell products and services to current and potential customers within the assigned territory to optimize cost-saving filtration solutions
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific customer targets for new business growth
- Understand customer drivers and markets and align strategies and action plans accordingly
- Prospect industry accounts to expand penetration
- Work closely with customer care, national accounts, vertical market managers, marketing, engineering, and purchasing to provide the best solution to customers.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge
- Establish and maintain current client and potential customer relationships; identify and resolve customer concerns
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including itineraries, timely call reports, and expense reports; review monthly sales reports to monitor customer performance and evaluate appropriate business actions; forecast annual territory sales, report pertinent customer data, gather and report on competitive activity, and update CRM database (SalesForce.com)
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals within the assigned territory
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, tradeshows, and telemarketing events
- Follow-up on the collection of payments
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred and/or three years to five years of applicable industrial/technical sales experience required
- Process filtration experience is strongly preferred
- Salesperson with management potential experienced in selling industrial products through distributors, agents, and sales partners
- Proven track record of successfully increasing territory sales volume consistently
- Ability to persuade and influence others as well as develop and deliver sales presentations
- Computer proficiency required; Competent with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CRM software; SalesForce.com experience strongly preferred; must be able to input and retrieve sales data
- Strong time management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to work with high-performance teams
- Customer-oriented and able to adapt to changing customer requirements; Strong problem-solving skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to utilize appropriate e-mail and telephone etiquette; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to speak, listen and communicate well throughout all levels of the organization
- The ability to speak fluent English as well as any secondary languages such as French or Italian would also be advantageous.
For further information, please aapply to this link or contact Fiona Milligan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.