- Posted 22 June 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Business Development Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* In conjunction with the Strategy Department, responsible to produce a yearly market analysis report utilising business analysts and Strategy Department information. Both O&G and Renewable market as necessarily deemed by the business.
* Responsible for achieving the defined Order Intake targets for company's projects.
* Responsible for the management of key client accounts. This is to include the responsibility for ensuring close collaboration with Key Account Management where applicable in both NEV and O&G.
* Ensure market data is accurately maintained through communication with business analyst and inputs to salesforce.
* Responsible for production of clear and consistent strategies for client contacts, prospect strategies and key account management. This includes the capture plans for all prospects to be tendered from the region in both O&G and NEV.
* Production of up to date and timely clients reports and prospect reports.
* In accordance will applicable business procedures, establish understanding of any existing local support services/In country management and utilise this resource to promote regional objectives. With emphasis on Local Content in NEV.
* Responsible for ensuring departmental Business Development procedures are adhered to and developed in line with corporate standards and updated in BMS as necessary
* Contribute to the entertainment activities, through the direction of the Commercial Director and the Strategy Director for all the Company's client entertainment activities
* In conjunction with the Commercial Director and the Strategy Director, build relations across the group Business Development function, with counterparts in other regions and engage with Group Strategy and NEV group.
* Internal liaison with NEV, Tendering Management, Project Management, Engineering, Front End, RP&IT and Operations in order to meet company's business plan
* Management and provision of input to assist in the development of the 3-year outlook and business plan, the budget alongside the Strategy Manager and regional analysts
* Liaison with other members of the Extended Leadership Team
Experience & Qualifications:
* Considerable experience of relevant Business operations within the Offshore construction or subsea industry sector.
* Engineering, Commercial or similar qualification
* Knowledge and experience within Business processes and Client Relationship Management
* Considerable experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry or Renewable Industry
* Key Account Management Experience
* Attention to detail and Tendering activity
* Market planning and analysis experience
* Effective negotiation skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference:
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.