Location: North Chicago, IL
Contract Length: 12-months
Pay: $25 p/h (with healthcare and 401K included a cost)
We have an opportunity available for a motivated and skilled biologist who will support the activities of a cell bank in a highly collaborative environment. The candidate must be willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team under the mentorship of a supervisor.
The major responsibilities will include routine mammalian cell culture, cell bank maintenance and equipment handling.
The successful candidate will be expected to rapidly learn the daily operation of the lab, readily adapt to changing needs and priorities. Excellent teamwork, communication skills, adherence to good laboratory conduct, documentation practices and safety guidelines are essential.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Associate degree with 1-2 years' experience BS degree or equivalent education with no additional experience.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Familiar with general lab equipment (microscope, autoclave).
- Prior wet lab bench work experience and familiarity with general biology lab procedures.
- Ability to perform routine tasks in a timeline driven and goal-oriented team environment.
- Driven, agile, detail-oriented, organized and a self-starter.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, working in a cell bank, cryopreservation and handling multiple adherent, suspension, or mixed cell lines simultaneously.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Fast learner and adaptable to quick-changing priorities.
- Creates a learning environment, open to feedback for improvement.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.