Location: Worcester, MA
Contract Length: 12-months
Pay Rate (Healthcare and 401K included at cost):
- Biologist I ($29 p/h)
- Biologist II ($37 p/h)
Biologist (Level I or II)
- This position is in the Purification Group of the Biologics Development and Launch, Purification Department, at the Bioresearch Center. The candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development. Responsibilities, under the supervision of a senior scientist:
- Execute high through put scale down robotic purification from early stage to late stage for cross function groups, viral clearance, process characterization, and continuous process improvement studies, performing basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks
- Will develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies.
- The individual can perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
- The candidate must possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
- As appropriate, the candidate may supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- (0-2 years of experience for Biologist I)
- (2-3 years of experience, bachelor's degree or masters could be considered for Biologist II)
- Good listener, ask questions, follow directions
- Ability to physically do the job
- Akta pipetting is a plus
- Lab work experience plus
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.