- Posted 18 May 2022
- SalaryUp to £30780 per annum + +bonus + benefits
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameAngela Henderson
Automotive Workshop Engineer
Location - Dalgety Bay, Fife
Salary £30,780 per annum + bonus + benefits
Our client a successful and innovative automotive business is seeking to source a skilled Workshop Engineer for their facility in Dalgety Bay.
The hours per week are 39 hours worked 08.00 to 16.30 Monday to Thursday and 08.00 to 15.30 on a Friday.
Reporting to: Workshop Supervisor
Job summary: Responsible for all chargeable and warranty repairs to customers vehicles. Completion of all related documentation when the work is complete. Occasionally attend customers sites to carryout warranty and chargeable repairs when required.
* Welding/fabrication repairs.
* Mechanical faults and repair.
* Inspection and servicing of refuse collection vehicle bodies.
* Full refurbishment of vehicle bodies and Bin-lifts.
* Provide all necessary service and repair documentation, inspection sheets, timecards etc.
* Utilise technical expertise to support customers the Aftersales department, and other stakeholders within the business.
* Manage the maintenance requirements and provision of demonstration vehicles.
* At least 3 years' experience in a mechanical, welding/fabrication background.
* Excellent mechanical, welding/fabrication knowledge.
* Experience of repairing and understanding the functionally of vehicles is desirable.
* Can demonstrate ability to read and understand technical drawings and or schematics.
* Electrical experience with the ability to replaces control boxes and wiring looms.
* Ability to diagnose mechanical faults.
* Time served mechanic or mechanical engineering qualification would be advantageous to provide support and assistance to other members of the team as required.
* Use own initiative to achieve results.
* Professional and calm manner, flexible, accommodating and positive approach.
* To be able to make critical decisions, taking the initiative and ensure at all times they are followed through to meet deadlines.
* Have an aptitude for proactive identification of problems and barriers to ensure effective implementation of solutions.
* Participate in, and contribute to, team meetings, and to carry out agreed action points within agreed time frame.
* Ensure work is focused upon the needs of the business.
* Able to accept ownership and accountability for the tasks assigned.
* Takes full accountability for performance and development.
* Must have a positive outlook with excellent communication skills and customer focus.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.