Our client is Scotland's largest independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Audit Senior, based in Inverness, Highland.
- The role is to be responsible for controlling the day to day Audit work typically on the firm's larger and riskier audits.
- Flag up issues and concerns to the Audit Manager at an early stage
- Train Assistants as needed
- Ensure deadlines and budgets are met and the Audit file is presented for review as a substantially complete file, finished to a good standard and signed off.
- Completing the Audit planning documentation.
- Arranging the timing of the Audit work with the Audit Manager responsible for the client.
- Planning, scheduling and delegating work to Audit Assistants, as available, ensuring the most complex work is completed as soon as practical the Audit Assistants are supported as necessary to complete their work to the standard required
- Work expected from the client which is incomplete is passed back to the client and is noted for the manager's attention and the Audit work is completed on time and to a high standard
- Briefing, training and debriefing Audit Assistants, giving formal feedback as required.
- Liaising with client staff while on the client's premises, building effective relationships with client's staff.
- Monitoring budgeted versus actual time spent, flagging up scope issues, on-site issues and overruns to the Audit Manager on a timely basis.
- Keeping the client's staff informed of progress and issues while maintaining confidentiality
- Auditing the draft tax computation and tax provisions with supporting schedules and liaising with the tax staff to get these reviewed as required
- Preparing the draft financial statements to a reasonable standard, free from quality control issues.
Skills and Experience
- CA qualified or equivalent
- Practical experience of using software systems in the preparation of Audit files, financial statements and audit working papers.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 913483.