Associate Scientist II
Onsite in Lake County, IL or Fully Remote
1 year with possible extension - based on performance and business needs
Hourly Pay Rate: $29-32/hr
Key responsibilities include:
* Coordinate with hospitals and clinical imaging sites to transfer medical images into the picture archiving and communication system (PACs).
* Train and administer external users on the use of PACs system to facilitate image transfers.
* Perform quality control on the transferred images to ensure that the data received is consistent with the data transfer specification.
* Manage and organize the imaging data that is transferred.
* BS or MS in a relevant field (science, math, or computer science).
* Computer literate
* Familiar with the use of computers for data organization and processing
* Experience with applications software
* Detail oriented, highly organized.
* Excellent communication skills.
Not required, but a plus:
* Coding experience
* Familiarity with medical images (CT, PET, or MRI)
* Experience with DICOM format
* Experience as a project or account manager in a medical CRO, pharma, or hospital setting.
What are the top skills/requirements this person is required have?
* Required Skill 1: Computer literate, familiar with the use of computers for data organization and processing, able to use applications software, may have some experience in coding.
* Required Skill 2: Detail oriented, highly organized.
* Required Skill 3: Excellent communication skills.
What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
* Associate Scientist I: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent education
* Associate Scientist II: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent education, with typically 3 or more years' experience or Master's Degree or equivalent education (no additional experience). Degree should be in a relevant field (science, math, or computer science).
What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
* Experience handling medical images (CT, PET, MRI) and experience with DICOM format is a major plus. Familiarity with coding is also a plus.
Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site or Hybrid role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)?
* Fully remote is an option. But on-site is highly preferred.
Other notable details about the environment from the hiring manager about this role?
* Individual will coordinate with the Translational Imaging group, Clinical Operations, and hospitals to retrieve medical imaging datasets for archival in PACs system.
What positions/background experience do you feel are successful in this role.
* Experience as a project or account manager. Experience in hospital, pharma, or medical CRO setting.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.