Orion Group Life Sciences are currently recruiting an Associate Scientist for an initial 12-month contract for one of our Multinational Pharmaceutical clients based in Cork.
- This position will be based in the Separations Lab, which is responsible for CSDS Red and Non-Red, HPLC, CIEF and UV analysis.
- Ensure that EHS standards are met at all times on site, adhering to appropriate PPE and COVID-19 measures and guidance.
- Maintain Lab cleanliness standards to ensure Lab is always audit ready in line with Lab 6S Program.
- Ensure Training is completed in a timely fashion. In time, assist in the training/mentoring of new Analysts.
- Perform analytical testing for the Separations Team in line with the above-mentioned techniques including all peripheral activities (i.e. solution prep).
- Perform data review, interpretation, and trending or Separations data.
- Contribute to proper use, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory equipment where applicable.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP's and official documentation.
- Independently write/revise SOP's or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Participate/Lead in Laboratory investigations as applicable.
- Escalation of Laboratory issues to team lead in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as designated by Team Lead.
- Take an active role in Continuous Improvement, identify and drive improvement initiatives in line with Laboratory CI Team.
Education and Experience:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related scientific field.
- Customer focus and result driven.
- Analytical skills required to troubleshoot laboratory issues.
- Efficient and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership as required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.