- Posted 27 July 2022
- Salary Neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Associate Commercial Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Develops a comprehensive understanding of the key agreements governing day to day company activities.
* Provides basic commercial support associated with same (e.g. maintaining databases, tracking data, preparing daily / weekly / monthly reports, preparing agreement summaries, etc.).
* Supported by other members of the Commercial Team, takes a support, [or potentially lead] role for the company in the review / interpretation / negotiation / preparation / administration of commercial agreements - e.g. joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, proximity agreements, product sales contracts, decommissioning agreements, third party access requests, etc.
* Works closely with other departments to ensure that Operated / Non-Operated field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the Company's best interests.
* Works closely with other members of the Commercial Team to develop and implement commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the Company's current and future business.
* Provides advice and guidance on commercial matters to commercial colleagues, senior management and co-ventures' / external stakeholders.
* Prepares for, attends and represents the Company at relevant meetings (Joint Venture meetings, Operating Committees, Finance Committees, etc.) - ensuring the Company's best interests are protected and promoted.
* Prepares minutes / meeting notes / documenting discussions / key activity / recommendations.
* Prepares requests for expenditure / ensures requests are aligned with budgets. Where required, issue for approval by partners. Work with partner groups to gain support of same.
* Provides input to company business plan, asset plans and annual budgets - and where appropriate, works with partner groups to gain support of same.
* Prepare / present proposed commercial recommendations / options to Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertake follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
* Provides commercial support re. setting up / administering and reporting of oil and gas sales and offtake contracts. Ensures that all parties comply with the terms and requirements of the agreements.
* Maintains a high level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. and ensures company management are properly briefed on all developments.
* Participates in industry fora, attends conferences / seminars and networking events to ensure company maintains appropriate representation within the industry.
* Maintains a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial agreements.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a business, technical or engineering discipline.
* Proactive and driven.
* Must be numerate / comfortable with extensive use of Microsoft Excel (but not in creating macros / Visual Basic programming)
* Good presentation and verbal / written communication skills.
* Able to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
* Relationship builder with networking capability.
* Ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
* Good planning and organisational skills.
* Knowledge and experience of the oil and gas industry - ideally in a commercially focused role with an Operator in the UK oil and gas industry.
* Ability to work effectively with senior management and to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility - internally and externally.
* Commercially aware.
* Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055519.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.