Assistant Warehouse Supervisor - Nightshift
- Posted 12 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameNeil Grant
Job Title: Assistant Night Shift Supervisor
Responsible To: Operations Manager
Responsible For: Providing appropriate direction to and supervision of all personnel allocated to the night shift.
Summary of Job: Responsible for the effective operation of the night shift including management of staff, compliance with H & S obligations, order processing, security of premises and produce, and loading, management and allocation of delivery vehicles.
* Ensuring that at all times Night Shift personnel are working efficiently and effectively and consistently adhere to timekeeping and other internal stipulations.
* Encouraging and maintaining effective teamwork between night shift personnel when they are required to work in groups.
* Monitoring the performance of groups and individuals plus conducting employee appraisals or implementing first level disciplinary actions as necessary.
* Ensure continual awareness and conformance with all internal Company procedures and parameters including those for the control, rotation and movements of stock.
* Ensuring that all orders processed are picked, packed and loaded on to respective vehicles as accurately, competently and as quickly as possible to ensure that all Customers receive their requested products at the appropriate time and in an acceptable condition.
* Establish and maintain a sustainable relationship with night shift personnel through effective internal communications, dissemination of relevant information and providing them with appropriate guidance and support.
* Identify areas of concern in internal operations and opportunities for improvement in all night shift activities they will be responsible for. Such improvements can be secured by implementation on their own initiative or with the involvement of other Managers as necessary.
* Acting as a nominated "keyholder" on the shift with responsibility for security of the premises, produce and vehicles during the shift.
* To carry out all other reasonable instructions emanating from the Operations Manager or other Senior Managers.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.