Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Assistant JV Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for accounting activities related to the assigned asset(s) including forecasting and business planning activities. Tracking actual expenditure and allocating costs as required.
* Issue JV Billings/Cash Calls as required and ensure timely receipt of payment.
* Commitment reporting and analytical review/ challenge (actuals, VoWD and forecast). Ensure invoices are processed using the correct cost coding.
* Plays an important role in any Partner led JV Audit reviews.
* Assist in improvements/optimisation of the Joint Venture Accounting Team covering multiple assets -- streamlining and standardising procedures wherever appropriate and engaging with other Accountants for knowledge sharing, cover and backup.
* Maintain account reconciliations assigned to the position according to the agreed schedule and in compliance with SOX requirements and manage to conclusion any outstanding issues.
Experience & Qualifications:
* SAP experience is an advantage however not essential for the role
* Awareness of accounting within the Oil and Gas Industry, including knowledge of SOAPs and Joint Venture agreements.
* Demonstrated ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities.
* Good team player shows willingness to learn and develop, flexible to change.
* Strong communication skills and able to deal with a wide range of customers.
* Accepts accountability and responsibility. Takes the initiative to get things done and follow through on commitments.
* Ability to challenge forecast assumptions and provide input based on actual expenditure, highlighting anomalies early.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063836.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.