- Posted 22 June 2022
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Asset C&P Lead, based in Aberdeen.
* Engage with key stakeholders across all Assets to support delivery of their priorities.
* Proactively work with the Lead Contract Performance in the Assets to build and maintain relationships with contractors / suppliers and monitor their performance by participating in contract performance management activities and to ensure best performance of contracts.
* In conjunction with Lead Cost Performance, increase cost awareness within the Assets making sure all Contract Reps, budget accountable and technical prescribers are fully familiar with the tools and processes for managing and reporting of the costs of their contracts.
* Act as a focal point or elevation point for all contracts, procurement and stock activities for the allocated Asset. Maintaining asset focus whilst working with other Asset C&P Leads in the area of cross-asset and regional synergies.
* Manage and prioritise team workload to ensure that operational and long-term requirements of the Assets are met.
* Responsible for establishing and recommending for approval a Procurement Plan for allocated contracts category, including follow up of deviations and changes throughout the year.
* Drives cross asset and regional synergies, improving cost performance of the assets with regards to C&P activities, liaises with TGP Category Managers (CATMAN) on category related topics as well as other internal stakeholders such as Legal, Audit, Finance, Tax and Insurance.
* Ensures consistent business approach is taken for all activities and that cross asset / cross category learnings are shared and allocation of activities is evenly distributed between the team, to manage demand.
* Actively contribute to all business activities e.g., KPI's, Contracts Committee etc
* Lead development of the skills of your allocated team and carry out line management duties.
* Participate in development of C&P procedures.
* Co-ordinate cover / support to C&P team members as required.
* Deputise for the Asset C&P Leader when required
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree qualified, Diploma or equivalent qualification in Business, and/or demonstrate competence through experience.
* Significant experience in the Oil & Gas Industry with relevant practical experience in preparation and negotiation of high value and complex technical services and/or purchase contracts.
* Ideally hold a relevant professional qualification (CIPS or similar).
* Demonstrably strong stakeholder management skills
* Demonstrably strong ability to develop appropriate strategies, develop and draft effective documents and conduct commercially important negotiations with contractors.
* Comprehensive understanding of the supply chain process and fully conversant with the use of integrated business systems for all business activities associated with procurement.
* Knowledge of the legal aspects associated with procurement.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055451.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.