Area Authority (Permit Coordinator)
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Area Authority (Permit Coordinator), based Offshore.
* Daily and triply key responsibility within the company's Control of Work in accordance[DM2] with the Control of Work procedure AA Roles and Responsibilities. This includes the issue of all Work Permits and ensuring controls are in place.
* Ensure the workforce using the TCoW system are competent and appointed correctly. Provide coaching and mentoring to those working towards competency.
* Ensure work sites are monitored by the appropriate level of supervision depending on task risk.
* Carry out regular worksite monitoring based on task risk, and to build holistic overview of compliance to the company Control of Work. Document supervision findings within daily Elogbook section and communicate with platform supervisors and managers.
* Liaising closely with the Performing Authorities (PA's) when planning permits, to guide and inform that the appropriate hazards and controls have been identified for that task.
* Participate in Level 2 Risk Assessments. Provide coaching and mentoring to those working towards this privilege.
* Liaise with Operational Safety Technical Authority (or delegate) on all matters Control of Work. Implement, promote and suggest system and process improvements.
* Approve isolation implementation once countersigned by the relevant Department Head or Team Leader and ensuring that the Isolation Confirmation Certificate (ICC) is attached or cross-referenced to the correct Permit prior to issuing. Also ensuring that the isolation is properly removed after completion of all the works associated/referenced to the ICC and cancellation of those permits.
* Ensure that Extended Period Isolations are being audited and risk assessed as per company procedure.
* Maintain good house keeping of the TCoW system for certificates used (Permits\ICCs)
* Attend and contribute to the Daily Planning and High Risk Activity Review meeting as per asset requirements.
* Active participation in site auditing and ensure lessons learnt are implemented.
* Participate in daily town hall sessions to promote adherence to the company Control of Work.
* Promote quality and consistent Permit/ICC record keeping, including paper copies as defined within the company procedures.
* Support Abandonment team Department Heads & Area Authorities to ensure alignment with core and abandonment functions.
* Ensures relevant procedures within TMS are adhered to.
* Ensure all environmental risks are considered and mitigated when work is being planned and executed.
* Carry out handover at shift and crew change with the oncoming AA, ensuring that they understand the current status of ongoing work scopes.
* Leads/participate in incident investigations as required by OIM.
* Perform duties/complete training to assist OIM in Managing Major Emergencies.
* Where possible, be the focal point for project work seeking advice from the asset.
* Assist all departments in achieving competency via assessment.
Experience & Qualifications:
* NVQs/HNC in relevant discipline within Oil and Gas.
* Relevant Control of Work training (ISSOW\Procient)
* A1 Assessor or equivalent e.g., D32/33
* The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a proven track record of Safety Leadership which is a key company value.
* System expert within a control of work system with proven track record of maintaining high compliance.
* Strong planning and organisational skills.
* An ability to lead by example with constructive working relationships, involving all personnel, and encouraging open communication both vertically and horizontally is essential.
* A comprehensive understanding of Risk Assessment techniques and tools is required.
* You will be an effective change agent with a natural ability for overcoming resistance and comfortable with conflict resolution.
* All disciplines offshore
* Offshore management
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066574.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.