- Posted 03 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Advisory & Design Manager
Orion Group are sourcing an Advisory & Design Manager on behalf of our global, subsea and surface technology client, on a permanent basis in Aberdeen.
Advisory & Design disciplines are fundamental to our client's aspiration to become the partner of choice for operators looking to develop strong field development plans which will be approved by UK regulatory body such as the OGA or BEIS. Advisory disciplines encompass in particular TS&R and Environmental regulation engineering.
These disciplines will be involved in the stages of the field development timeline from concept stages through to FEED and will be involved in the execution stages of a project (non-exhaustive example: management of HaziD or Hazops). In addition, the environmental considerations are expected to become extremely pro-eminent with the evolution of Oil&Gas regulation and the emergence of the offshore wind renewable industry.
The two key objectives of this position will be:
- To strengthen the teams in key fields of advisory engineering
* To interface with the UK based engineering teams operationally working for some of the one engineering disciplines.
The Advisory & Design manager is also expected to be involved in wider department initiatives, as well as establish pro-active links with the One Rigid leads as well as the Process and Flow assurance team in order to identify opportunities and synergies.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Day to day management of the consultancy & design team in terms of workload monitoring and priority identification, team competency, engineering process and tools.
* Establish strategy to secure and develop competency access in the fields of TS&R, Environmental engineering and regulation expertise. The ultimate goal is to become a credible work partner to any operator in the early phase of their field development, assisting them in setting operational strategies and safety case, as well as navigating through the various regulatory requirements, in order to produce a strong field development plan which will be endorsed by the governing UK bodies.
* Close interface with the local One Engineering Discipline managers to ensure awareness of workload forecast, to contribute to good cross discipline exchange, to provide feedback and to ensure adherence to the process set by the technical assurance team.
* Acquiring access to the relevant competency will imply mapping each discipline in terms of criticality, impact, recurrence and expertise level. A range of strategies may be rolled out for diverse disciplines, ranging from external expert support (consultant subcontract, strategic partnership), internal expert support (through existing organisations within the group), opportunity for competency growth within the Aberdeen engineering population or recruitment of key specialties.
* As each expertise segment of the consultancy team is being populated, an objective of the team will be to maximise cross-discipline interaction, with the view to identify optimum and balanced solution in terms of operability, safety and environmental compliance.
* A key element of the strategy will be to map and understand the regulation requirements, from a safety and environmental perspective in particular, in the context of O&G field development but also in the context of offshore windfarm development. Some of these requirements may be in a phase of evolution and it will be paramount to understand the implication of an evolving regulatory landscape.
* Another facet of the strategy will be to build strong relationship with regulatory bodies and relevant industry stakeholders.
* A further step of the roll out program will be to raise awareness of the customer base of the team newly acquire competency and to grow the volume of support to client's satisfaction.
* Interaction with the survey team is anticipated to occur in the context of environmental engineering, mapping multiple information streams for field technical solution definition or preparing for the development of offshore wind license area. A strategy shall be prepared together with the Survey team to meet the future market needs.
* Finally, as it is expected that decommissioning is becoming a more recurrent activity, it will be expected of the team to acquire the necessary set of skills to increase early involvement in the planning of such undertaking, which is expected to open opportunities for the award of future decommissioning scopes.
- A track record of scope delivery in the domain of engineering and package management
* A track record of delivery of group strategic initiatives
* Problem solving experience to be highlighted
* Experience in multi-stake holder interaction
* Preferred experience or appreciation of the early phase field development process
* Ability to understand the wide-ranging implications between a range of technical challenges.
* Problem-solving skills. Ability to lead brain-storming exercise and consolidate findings in a logical roadmap.
* Team management skills
* Ability to coordinate multi-skilled exercises
* Ability to prepare and present a comprehensive business case
* Ability to interface with a wide range of stakeholders
* Ability to convince
* Ability to negotiate
* Demonstrate strategic vision
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Cameron Lisle on 07701381227 or email email@example.com
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.