Temporary for 2 to 3 months
Location - Stirling
Rate of pay £12.46 per hour
You will be based within the Faculty of Arts & Humanities as part of the wider Student and Faculty Operations grouping which brings together faculty-based professional services teams and related central services.
You will act as a first point of contact for staff and students, deliver a range of tasks relating to the administration of academic programmes and other Faculty activities, support the student experience, and assist academic staff, students and professional service colleagues.
You will demonstrate strong communication, organisational and administrative skills and support the day-to-day running of a busy office. An interest in supporting the student community is essential, as is the ability to work flexibly as part of a team and to prioritise responsibilities within a busy working environment.
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND level, or equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience working in a busy, customer focused administrative environment.
- Experience of using a range of relevant IT packages, particularly Microsoft Office applications, with particular experience in Excel.
Skills & Attributes
- Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to prioritise a range of tasks in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining high standards of quality and accuracy.
- Creative and positive attitude with a commitment to providing a high-quality service.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently using initiative.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrable ability to identify problems and propose solutions.
Ability to foster good relationships, using tact and diplomacy when required
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.