- Posted 09 September 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameEmma Smart
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Accounts Payable Supervisor, based in Aberdeen.
- Lead the Accounts Payable team, give direction and allocate tasks to ensure all invoices are accurately processed and paid on time
- Help process invoices against SO/POs in SAP during busy periods
- Input supplier work tickets into Neptune for non-enabled suppliers, checking invoice arithmetic, VAT, backup and approval levels
- Handle complex or escalated invoice queries from both suppliers and within the organisation
- Review reconciliation of the GR/IR and AP Liability accounts
- Upload payment runs to the bank and set up manual payments where required. Only the Seniors and Team Lead have access to upload payments in the banking system.
- Prepare statistical analysis of invoices processed, lost and earned discount reporting and managing outstanding approvals to ensure timely invoice payment
- Processing hedging and FX purchases in a timely manner, including accurate postings in SAP
- Month end reporting activities - issue unapproved invoice report
- Support with system issues for Neptune, SAP and the bank interface
- Ensure any non-automated processes run in SAP e.g. posting invoices for approved service entries, clearing R-blocks, running expenses file for AAB
- Providing guidance to and mentoring lesser experienced members of the team
- Maintain the company expense system assisting with all processing queries. Perform the monthly upload journal.
- Post banking entries daily
- Managing additional pieces of work such as VAT return submissions and Bank Reconciliations
Experience & Qualifications:
- Accounting knowledge an advantage.
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Conversant in SAP
- Demonstrate a proactive, flexible and positive working attitude.
- Shares knowledge freely with others to ensure best practices.
- Demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a close, multi-discipline environment. Maintain positive and tactful relationships with others.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/056466.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.