Accounts Payable Clerk
- Posted 26 April 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Accounts Payable Clerk, based in Aberdeen.
* Co-ordinate with Accounts Payable Supervisor & AP Team to ensure all duties are completed efficiently and in line with process controls.
* Act as point of contact for all supplier queries along with managing the AP email inbox daily
*Recording and Processing purchase invoices in S4 Hana including obtaining coding information and reviewing due dates.
*Compliance check invoices flowing through from SAP Ariba, daily.
* Record, check and assist in the processing of out of pocket and credit card expenses.
* Co-ordinate invoice approval process ensuring approvals obtained in a timely manner and in adherence to delegation of authority, using S4 and Docusign
* Perform supplier call back checks to ensure bank details provided by any new suppliers are correct
* Provide ad-hoc cover in respect of assisting with the preparation of weekly payment runs if required by AP supervisor.
* Continual monitoring of the supplier balances within SAP, to ensure these agree to supplier statements and that system control processes are being followed.
* Ad-hoc finance dept and general office support as required and supported by AP Supervisor.
Systems & Controls
* Provide support for all system changes and upgrades.
* Provide ongoing support to other users.
* Promote strong financial control environment by adhering to all policies and procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Strong team player with good communication skills and a willingness to engage with all members of the organisation as required
* Desire to work in a fast moving and dynamic environment, with an onus on learning on the job, proactivity and applying sound judgement to address ad-hoc issues
* Experience of the SAP System for AP processing and SCM Ariba process along with knowledge of VAT codes and implications advantageous
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066178.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.